Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week 4 Action Research Reflection

This week I had a couple of my cohort colleagues give me recommendations for my action research plan.  I mentioned that some of my concerns were staying focused with my topic and time.  I mentioned that I always want to know more about things and complicate it by moving away from my topic.  This is what was making it harder for me to narrow it down because the more I thought about it the more questions came to mind and my research was becoming bigger.  One of my colleagues suggested for me to make a note of inquiry and set the note aside for later to answer.  Another colleague suggested for me to have the template to use as a guide so that I would not get off topic.  Time was another concern of mine and with their suggestions to have a note aside or the template can help me with the issue of time.  Also, one of them suggested for me to have someone at my campus can hold me accountable to stick to the plan. After my conference with my site supervisor I know that she will hold me accountable and she wants to be updated with the progress of my action research. A comment in my blog stated about the importance of professional learning communities to help align grade levels and build consistent curriculum.  She also mentioned that it is important to have teachers get together to build relationships and  discuss areas that need vertical aligning year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment